Skip to main content

All Grown Up?

Hey,
Do you consider yourself to be a "grown up"?

It starts when you get the realisation of where your life's heading to and you don't want it to be this way and you just ask yourself, "What the hell is happening??"

They say "grow up" but they don't know about the days when you cried out loud in that shopping centre to get that toy, without caring what others think. All you wanted was your mum's attention and that toy and they still don't know, that now when you cry in that bathroom covering your mouth so that no one can hear you, you know you've grown up.

Every day you're a new person, you have somewhat more knowledge and experience than you had the other day. Not only that but every new day, you grow up to know yourself a tiny bit more.
I'm not the same person I was a year ago !

I struggle every day because I have to prove something, not to others but to my own self, that I am doing better today than yesterday. But honestly, I'm not satisfied every day.

I know these lil' things won't matter in a long run, but "Life Is Happening"! It won't stop for a moment. Just thinking how every moment is passing by and how you can't change the last second that just passed by.

I came across this quote by John Lennon, about a year ago :
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

And it hit me like a mountain..

Yeah because of this quote, I became somewhat more mature that day to understand a bit more about life.

"Growing Up" is far too overrated for me now. Yes it's happening I am growing up, my desires will change, my behavior will change, my priorities will change, my plans will change, my life will take a great leap up or down the rollercoaster, but what will remain the same is what I chose that day in past that has led me here in the present.


Did I choose to stay still and metaphorically lifeless in that bed, or I chose to get up and get engaged in the hustle to enjoy these phases of life?




~The Inquisitive Lass

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is what you make out of it despite the struggles.
      You'll realise it one day, when everything that is happening now, "will make sense".

      Delete
    2. neither the struggles are same nor the situations...

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaand I don't know how to use the blogger so I guess my previous comment got deleted somehow ☹

    ReplyDelete
  5. Growing up certainly is a pain in the ass. The innocence of childhood is underrated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not ready to grow up. But now I must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. But I don't really care about "growing up". I never did. I am a big believer in taking life as it comes to you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The First.

So hey, I'm Upasana Deka, a Homosapien living somewhere in our loving Earth. (I'm trying so hard to sound cool, but this isn't happening anytime soon) - ooh that rhymed ! Okay after such horrific starting, if you are still reading then WELCOME TO MY VERY FIRST BLOG. I'm new here. I don't know how to or what to write in a blog, but I guess I needed a public domain to write my feelings out, to the strangers who care to read, so here I am. A normal mainstream teenager I am, who opted for Science in school and have big dreams and aspirations to fulfil. But I fear I don't get stuck in the middle of nowhere. I can't see myself following the same routine every day. I love challenges, and rather than being stuck at a place, I'd chose to face a problem and kick its ass off. (yeah, we teens use that. Might be inappropriate for some who are reading this, but I'm going to use some words, 'cause even though Life's beautiful but it still is a bi...

The Curiosity Infliction

You know the urge to know everything? Inside us, there's this "Curiosity Infliction" that wants to find an answer to any sort of oblivious question and dig through the loopholes and finally feel the satisfaction of getting enlightened by the hidden truths of one's existence. You have it too, right? No? We like to interact, whether it is with humans, dogs, cats or just pets and animals in general and even extraterrestrial species (oh hi Aliens! if you're reading this by any chance). Let us narrow down these interactions to just among the humankind. We know at some point we all are a bit petrified to start an interaction with a total stranger. Alright so as we move on to have this interaction, we start realising if this interaction is effective and if we are enjoying it and would we like to be real friends with them? Fast forward to the situation where you are starting to know that person a bit better. And suddenly that "curiosit...